At Eisenhower Center For Innovation (ECFI), we are working to build a community-centered school that embraces the strengths and supports the needs of each of our students and families. ECFI is a K-6 elementary school that is part of the Mesa Unified School District. Eisenhower serves a diverse population of learners, 90% of whom qualify for free and reduced lunch.
At ECFI we embrace an entrepreneurial spirit, cultivate partnerships with community organizations, and work to disrupt the institutional inertia leading to teacher burnout and student failure. We have been greenlighted by our district to pilot innovative approaches to pedagogy and school operations in order to identify what works in supporting our West Mesa families.
Some of our unique offerings include:
· Technology for every student; we are an Apple Distinguished School
· New Leaf behavioral and family support services located on campus
· Playworks recess support for all students
· Hands On Greater Phoenix and Mesa Community College volunteer programs
· Student coding experiences developed in partnership with local software designers
Opportunities for interns include:
· Developing and participating in mentorship programming for upper elementary male students
· Supporting highly effective teachers in and beyond the classroom setting
· Crafting and helping to implement culturally-responsive curriculum
· Developing partnerships with nonprofits and community organizations to support low-income students
· Designing or supporting student after-school offerings in arts, academics, and sports
· Proposing and piloting other programs or resources to meet student
Contact: Alyssa Weston