Your college career begins now
We’re excited to welcome you to your new academic home in the School of Social Transformation in The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University!
We are here to ensure your success, so we hope you’ll join us for our free, two-week immersion program. You’ll join other SST majors as we begin exploring social justice issues and prepare for your transition to college. From exciting guest speakers to discussions of society and pop culture, you’ll experience a lively, engaging and thought-provoking program to begin your journey at ASU.
About our program
Wouldn’t it be great to get a head start on college life and your major before the semester begins? As you prepare for your transition to ASU, you are invited to join some of your incoming classmates and participate in the two-week Early Start program. This exciting program is designed to prepare you for the fall semester and beyond.
Here are some of the highlights of the School of Social Transformation Early Start program:
- Connect with faculty, academic mentors, tutors and staff dedicated to your success.
- Learn about resources available on campus before other students arrive.
- Gain a sneak peek at what to expect from your college courses and some of the study skills you’ll need.
- Move into your residence hall early at no cost—if you have a housing assignment.
- Get to know your classmates over free lunch and dinner Monday through Friday.
- Develop some new strategies for how to succeed in college.
- Join in fun social and academic activities with your new friends at ASU, such as movie nights and field trips.
Our Early Start team
During Early Start, you’ll work with dedicated faculty members and advisors who are eager to help you succeed at ASU. You’ll get to know your professors and mentors on a personal and professional level so you’ll be more confident working with them during the school year.
During Early Start, you can expect to be busy each day throughout the entirety of the program.
And we promise — you won’t be sitting and falling asleep in a classroom all day!
Saturday, August 7 through Sunday, August 15
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily (including weekends)
Evening activities through the program
All meals included