Gain career experience
Form lasting professional connections and gain experience while earning academic credit.
The School of Social Transformation students are strongly encouraged to pursue an internship during their time at Arizona State University. The school closely supervises internships to ensure students are getting a professional experience that will help prepare them for a future career.
What is an internship?
An internship is more than a part-time job or volunteer position, but rather a short-term, hands-on, supervised work experience with a professional organization. It is designed to increase a student’s knowledge of a professional field through significant learning objectives. Internships are supervised by professionals with expertise directly related to the intern’s responsibilities. Responsibilities are project-based and relate to the student’s area of study, with minimal administrative or clerical tasks.
Why complete an internship?
- Gain professional experience in their field of study.
- Apply academic knowledge and skills to a professional environment.
- Build transferable skills necessary for a successful career, such as communication, teamwork and problem solving.
- Connect and network with industry professionals.
- Prepare for the transition from the role of student to the role of professional.
- Find special interest internships by scheduling an advising appointment with our internship coordinator - Taris Watson