Fund your education!
Each year the School of Social Transformation awards more than $100,000 in scholarships to its students, in amounts ranging from $200 to over $9,000.
Undergraduate students in the School of Social Transformation are uniquely eligible for these scholarships. Students in Asian Pacific American Studies, African and African American Studies, Justice Studies and Women and Gender Studies are eligible as well as students who have made contributions to the Asian Pacific American community.
These scholarships are possible thanks to generous donations from our alumni, community organizations and members, as well as other benefactors who want to help our students complete their education.
Learn more about each scholarship and the application requirements below.
African and African American Studies students
Asian Pacific American Studies students
- Y.F. Wu Scholars Scholarships
- Funded by the Y.F. Wu Scholarship endowment, this scholarship supports the success and leadership development for students of Asian American and Pacific Islander descent who will be or are attending ASU. Anticipated award amount: $500-$2,000
- Wu Research Scholarship
- The Wu Research Scholarship provides opportunities for ASU undergraduates enrolled in a degree program to receive financial support for innovative, independent or supervised research, or creative projects relating to Asian American or Pacific Islander communities.
- Asian Pacific American Community Scholarship
- This scholarship is funded by Arizona State University. Any student, regardless of ethnicity, may apply for this scholarship. Anticipated award amount: $500-$9,200
These scholarships recognize students who may have taken an APA class, who are currently enrolled in the APAS major, minor or certificate program, or students who demonstrate academic excellence combined with service and leadership to the Asian American and Pacific Islander community. Students may apply for all scholarship programs.
Justice and Social Inquiry students
- Arizona Constables State Association Scholarship
- For a full-time justice studies major with junior standing, Arizona residency, demonstrated evidence of community service and a justice-related career goal. Anticipated award amount: $1,300.
- Russell L Duncan Memorial Scholarship
- For two full-time justice studies majors with junior status. Anticipated award amount: $2,500.
- First Generation Justice Studies Alumni Scholarship
- For a full-time justice studies major who is a first-generation college student and an Arizona resident. Anticipated award amount: $1,000.
- David Wayne Isom Scholarship
- For a full-time justice studies major in good academic standing, Arizona resident and U.S. citizen by birth with a career goal in law enforcement in Arizona. Anticipated award amount: $2,000.
- Norton Grant for Women's Studies in Justice Studies Scholarship
- For Justice Studies undergraduates with coursework in women and justice studies. Anticipated award amount: $1,000.
- Norton and Ramsey Undergraduate Research Scholarship in Justice Studies
- For justice studies major/minor doing research on social justice issues in JUS 492, JUS 493, or JUS 498. Anticipated award amount: $500.
- Lionel E. Rombach Scholarship
- For a full-time student majoring or minoring in recreation or justice studies seeking a career in the fields of recreation and criminal justice. Anticipated award amount: $500.
- Susan Marie Schmidt Memorial Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Achievement
- For a full-time justice studies major. Anticipated award amount: $200.
Women and Gender Studies
- Uta Monique Behrens Scholarship in Women and Gender Studies
- For full-time women and gender studies major with junior or senior standing, Arizona residency and first-generation college student. Anticipated award amount: $700.
- Feldt-Barbanell Scholarship
- For a full-time women and gender studies major or minor student with junior standing with demonstrated feminist leadership. Anticipated award amount: $3,000.
- Norton Undergraduate Research Scholarship in Women and Gender Studies
- For full-time women and gender studies major, sophomore level or higher, with a demonstrated interest in researching the challenges and issues face by gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender communities, including identifying a specific research proposal in one of these areas. Anticipated award amount: $1,600.