Information for hosting/planning an SST-affiliated event
SST sponsored events
For meetings, lectures (large and small), speakers traveling to ASU and large events:
- Fill out the event form below. This form is required for all SST sponsored events and should be submitted at least 2 months in advance of the planned event. Requests will be reviewed as submitted, and the plan and execution of the event will depend on available resources and time.
- The event request form will be reviewed and approved by the SST Leadership Team. Event approval is required before planning can begin.
- Please note that catering and marketing expenses (e.g. printing flyers, posters or signage) will require confirmation of funding.
- If SST is co-sponsoring an event or an SST faculty member is giving a talk outside of SST, marketing and event staff may be able to assist with marketing and logistics, this will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that our logo should appear on all marketing materials for events we are co-sponsoring.
- If SST is not directly involved in the event, our ability to assist or promote is limited.
- Once an event is approved, the information will be forwarded to the event and marketing team. The team will work with the sponsoring unit or organizer to develop materials for inclusion in the SST newsletter and distribution to students, SST social media and other communication outlets. These communication vehicles are the primary way events are promoted, individual emails promoting events are not sent to students, staff or faculty.
- The editorial calendars are planned in advance, the more notice, the better.
If you are requiring marketing materials for an event, please fill out and submit the flyer design request form.